towing

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: towing
From: wayne buletza <rwbmg@voyager.net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 00:46:47 -0400 (EDT)
Hi!  We have just purchased a motorhome, and plan to either tow or trailer
our MG to locations that I want to drive such as the Smokey Mountains
National Park.  I do not want to use a tow bar, so I know of only two other
options - car dolly or tandem axle trailer.

1.  Can an MG be towed on a car dolly?  Would the rear end be on the dolly?
Would the clearance on the road wheels be too low?  Could the front end be
damaged?

2.  I have found a 12 ft and a 16 ft aluminum trailer with double axle and
surge brakes.  Any experiences trailering a B?  How stable would the trailer
be behind a 30 foot vehicle?  Does the length of the trailer make any
difference?

Thanks for your help.

Wayne in Michigan