Re: towing

To: ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: towing
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 03:41:39 -0400
On Tue, 28 may 1996 Ulix replied to my reply:

>On Tue, 28 May 1996 BarneyMG@aol.com wrote:
>> Backing up with the rig is made easy by reducing the current to the
trailer
>> brakes until they have no power.  Then you're just shuffling around a free
>> rolling trailer.

>Why do you need to do that? If you don't push the pedal, it won't brake,
>right?
>
>Ulix

Well, after a lot of experience, it's just a matter of preference and maybe
finess.  Having backed the rig with the stock car on it into my driveway many
times, it's just a piece of cake to shuffle it around at slow speed without
the trailer brakes comming on.  A free rolling trailer just moves around in a
nice casual manner during delicate parking manuvers.

Barney