RE: MGs in the sun

To: "David M. Hall" <dhall@hp-vcd.vcd.hp.com>
Subject: RE: MGs in the sun
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 11:34:42 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 30 May 1996, David M. Hall wrote:
> Living here in the North West (Oregon/Washington USA), I definately know
> why I bought my GT - RAIN.  I think it's been raining since last October!
> Non STOP!  No, Really!

Hmmm, I live in the same area. My Sprite is my only car and has covered
parking, which allows me to leave the top down when I'm not using it.
I don't drive to work, but I think I have had the top up about 20% of the
time so far this year and it's not like I stay home because it is raining.
I really don't know what everybody is complaining about up here, it's
really not that bad!

> Although, I must admit that I just picked up a roadster for those 5 sunny
> days of the year!  (OK, so it's sunny for about 2-3 Months...)

I think once you start driving it, you'll see that there are plenty of
opportunities for top down motoring.
Even a short topless dash through the drizzle can be fun sometimes.
I really do think, though, that a garage is essential, otherwise it's not
worth putting the top down every time you want to go someplace, only to
put it back up when you get back home.

Ulix

                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy