Overdrive Wiring Questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive Wiring Questions
From: mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com (Williams/MG Guy)
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 20:11:01 -0300 (ADT)
Need to reconstruct the wiring harness for the overdrive unit. This is new
territory for me, so I could use some guidance/wisdom.

There appear to be three points for electric connection. One is a dual-pole
switch on the left of the tranny, there's a smiliar one to the right, and a
single-pole connector on the right hand side of the gear tower.

Realizing the yellow wire in the bundle at the firewall is the power for the
circuit - what constitutes the harness. From the GT I parted out this past
winter, I was able to salvage the remnants of what I believe was this
harness. That old GT was originally equipped with OD, but whomever removed
the engine, chose to chop this harness. What's left are two green wires, and
a yellow/red.

Where on the unit is the selenoid?

Can anyone provide a) advice, b)a diagram,c) a complete OD harness, firewall
to tranny?

All and any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers from the sun-drenched Atlantic coast of Canada!

Terry
'70 GT
'68 roadster
(sniff..this space for rent)