Re: off topic but relevent (naming our MGBGT)

To: Jay Tilton <jtilton@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: off topic but relevent (naming our MGBGT)
From: David Councill <dcouncil@cu.comp-unltd.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 07:43:03 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 5 Jun 1996, Jay Tilton wrote:

> At 03:05 PM 6/4/96 -1000, Mike Gigante wrote:
>
> >I can think of two TV SF
> >connections, the green skinned female dancer in a Star Trek
> >(original) episode and the green skinned female in "Lost in Space"
> >(who wailed "Dr Smiiiiith, Dr Smiiiith" while floating outside the
> >Jupiter II in space).
>
> The Lost in Space episode is "Wild Adventure," and the woman's name
> is Athena.
>
> I have to take a *big* stab in the dark on the Star Trek side and
> say the episode was The Menagerie, and the woman's name is Veena
> (Vina?).  Don't trust me on that one.
> --
> Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu

You are correct on Menagerie. Originally it was the pilot episode of Star
Trek titled, "the Cage". It was later redone in the two part episode called
the Menagerie. My memory is not that good on the Veena part.

Perhaps Captain Pike dreams of driving a restored LBC during his stay on
Talos IV? (I had to throw some LBC content in this one).

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net