Re: Brake adjustment screws frozen.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake adjustment screws frozen.
From: David Councill <dcouncil@cu.comp-unltd.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 09:00:36 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, Jay Tilton wrote:

> Jason Dutt wrote:
> >Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to free those wretched little
> >brake tension adjustment screws?
>
> Are we talking about an MGB?  I know just the thing--wire wheel spoke
> wrench.  Spoke nipples are the same size (1/4") and shape (square) as the
> rear brake adjuster, and the eight-inch long wrench is purpose-made for
> busting rusty threads.
> --
> Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu

On my 65B, I finally had to use visegrips to remove the rear brake
adjusters (plus lots of WD-40). However, the square end was already
rounded. One removed, I replaced them with new ones (fairly inexpensive
at the time). Then they actually worked, and I could adjust the brakes.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net