Re: Anybody got MPG figures?

To: Robert J Donahue/DELCO <RJDONAHU@mail.delcoelect.com>
Subject: Re: Anybody got MPG figures?
From: arm@unix.infoserve.net (Ross MacPherson)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 18:48:23 -0700
>What kind of gas mileage should the TD and MGB get?
>(Also others might be interested in the MGA and RV8 etc.)
>
>Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
>53 MG-TD
>71 MGB

Hi Bob,

Since the odometer on my TC doesn't work I've found a new and novel way to
judge fuel efficiency.  My method takes in to account the weather since my
last fillup.  I noticed that in August I get about 1.3 - 3.5 gal per day and
in January it drops to about .003 gal/day.

I realize this is not a great deal of help over the short run but I figure
if I keep track for long enough one of two things will happen:  Either I'll
have enough data to extrapolate my figures to such a degree that I'll just
KNOW how far I can get on what's left in the tank based upon the date and
ambient temperature or, I'll get my speedo / odometer fixed and I'll be able
to figure it out like everyone else on the planet.

Hope this helps (wink)
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        1947 MG-TC 3528