Re: Anybody got MPG figures?

To: KBEST@novell.com
Subject: Re: Anybody got MPG figures?
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 21:37:24 -0400
Karl,

>My '57 MGA (totally stock but desperately needing OD) gets about 40-50 mpg
for the first half tank, then about 10 mpg for the third quarter and 2 mpg
the last quarter tank.

>Hmm... I wonder how I could get the engine to think that it's always on the
first half a tank. Then again, maybe it's just something wrong with the
sending unit. :-)

I agree.  My 1958 MGA gauge does the same thing, extreemly non-linear.  Uses
more than than 3 gallons to get it down th the FULL mark, while the last 1/4
tank on the gauge is just 1-1/2 gallons.  I don't mind though -- sure makes
it easy to tell exactly how much is left just before empty.

As to mileage: