wiper thingys

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: wiper thingys
From: Lewis Dove <ldove@macomb.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 1996 09:57:17 -0700
Hi SOLers,
  After having been neglected all winter, the Cudgel hurled the passenger
wiper blade, arm, and little insert thingy which attaches the arm to the
wheelbox shaft.  Since it was pouring rain at the time, I just kept
driving, thinking that I could always replace the arm later.
Unfortunately, Nigel is a mark I MGB ('65) and the thingy is not easy to
find.  It has an internal spline to slide over the wheelbox shaft and an
external spline to fit into the wiper arm.  Anyone out there have one
they can spare?  I will be at the MG meet in Indianapolis; look for the
red MGB with one wiper!  It would be nice to get one sooner; anyone
willing to mail me one?
   Long-time lurker   Lew Dove
slave to Nigel Cudgel '65 MGB tourer