uptime ratio

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: uptime ratio
From: WatsoWolf@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 10:49:39 -0400
Since I still have 1/95 written on my oil filter(AC) in magic marker, I guess
that means my uptime ratio is undefined - you can't divide by zero. But then
when I "departed the marital residence" nearly a year ago I left behind my
work shop, major tools, spare bits and 1/2 the parts catalogs. Not too dismal
- I also left behind the IBW - Incompatible B*tching {soon to be ex-} Wife,
who will soon be moving, so I will be getting my stuff back (whereas Elvis
won't be). In the mean time the paint and top have gone to Hades from being
in Florida Sun 7 days a week, and there are throw bearing noises getting
louder and the rear spring replacement is on hold...

Advice to newbies (and old vets?)  Even if you don't buy your parts from Moss
or VB or The Roadster Factory or Special Interest Car Parts, get on the
mailing list, and get catalogs. While not infallible, the drawings and parts
lists are a great way to learn about your car before you take it apart.  They
also help to figure out what travesties have been wreaked upon your lbc by
multiple DPOs. A specific example of this is the recent repetitive thread
about which OD fits which Engine. It is beautiffically explained in the VB
book.

WatsoWolf@aol.com
1975 B tourer  that runs great on stock cam and ZS -175 carb. with nifty 8
spoke alloys-( rear fenders tearing side walls off 185-70 14 Dunlops)

p.s. to Denise: If you get one of those "Free" AOL discs you can use my
account until you get back on the net- write for password info- we need your
divine wisdom!