Carb. Info

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb. Info
From: tom.wagner@Central.Sun.COM (Tom Wagner - Program Manager)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 09:59:33 -0500
Can someone help me with my tuning problems?

Here is the history and what I have done so far:

        1.  Soaked Carbs - Reassembled all, turned
            jet screws out 2 turns.

        2.  Tried to dynamic time engine, and this
            is where some of the problems are occuring.

Question #1     How do you keep the engine running so that the
                timing can be set???

Currently I have my son keeping the engine running by opening
and closing the throttle lever on the rear carb(We try to keep it
around 800 RPM's).
I use the rear one, because if I try to use the front one the engine
will die.  Can't keep the two running togther, so they are seperated.

Question #2:    Is the front carb. suppose to die when the throttle lever
                is opened, or is to work like the rear one?  By that I mean
                open the lever and the engine speed is to increase???

Question #3     If it is to work like the rear one, then what could be the
                problem?  I have both idle screws backed out all the way.
                Also as a side note: When the piston is raised, they both will
                fall back like they are suppose to with no hangups.

As always, I thank all of you for your help, as all of the information
that is exchanged on this list is very helpful and at the same time they
can be humorous.  I really enjoy reading all of the information that you folks
put out here, and for the most part all of the technical information is being
stored for reference later.

Thanks again for your help.

Tom Wagner

`67' MGB
(Various stages of restoration - All
Paint removed to metal, working on rust
removal.) Waiting for day to become daily
vehicle.

`92' Honda Civic LX(Excellent car)

`93' Honda Civic CDX(Moms car)

Sun Microsystems