Carb. Info

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb. Info
From: "John M. Rogers" <rogersj@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 03:39:57 GMT
This evening when my wife came home in the MGA, the ignition light stayed on
when the ignition key was turned to off.  When the key was turned to on...
the light went off.  I disconected the main wire (from the battery) at the
control box, (spark, spark) and of course, the ignition light went out.   I
plugged it back in and everything works normally??  Why?

John Twist had a short discourse on the ignition light & maybe it is over my
head electrically speaking, but how does that light actually work?  no/low
voltage:light on --> normal running voltage:light off --> high/(too much
voltage):light on "again"???

Thanks