RE: Follow-up Re: anyone have impossible to remove grease cups inside fr

To: barrister@lawref.com
Subject: RE: Follow-up Re: anyone have impossible to remove grease cups inside front hubs?
From: DamitDick@gnn.com (Damit Dick)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 19:16:49
Ernest...

You say:

>Great, but if you use a fine thread coupler then you won't become
>a DPO like the one that forced me to buy new cups so a proper
>thread that fits all my other cars will work. Actually my DPO was
>a vise grip jockey and
> they don't fit any thread standard.

I hear you and I knew that there were purists somewhere that would
object to what I did. However, did you ever try to find 5/16 fine
threaded rod and couplers at your local Home Depot on a Sunday?

My fix was expedient, I now have a specialized MG tool to do the
job again and should I become a PO, I'll let the tool go with the
car!

Dick :>)
Vintage Parts & Products
Camarillo, California