RE: The anticipation is killing me...

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: The anticipation is killing me...
From: Wes Grady <wesgrady@csbh.mhv.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 08:17:56 -0400
My restorer (yeah, I still consider him MY restorer) just picked up an =
XK150S roadster from a restoration shop in South Carolina.  The shop had =
it for a total restoration for 12 YEARS and it wasn't done.  In fact, =
all that had been done was a rather poor Imron paint job.  Missing =
parts, engine not running, interior kit in the car, but not installed, =
no top..... and the owner had already paid over $25,000 to the shop.

Within a week, Ed had the car running.  Said he wouldn't even consider a =
restoration if the engine was shot, but, it isn't and he has agreed to =
do it.  He figures it will take about 12-18 months, depending upon the =
time necessary to find and acquire the needed items.

Any you had your running car in the body shop for 18 months????? What, =
pray tell, could have taken that long?