Subj: Re: Fuel/Overheating

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Subj: Re: Fuel/Overheating
From: MGBCHRIS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 11:33:54 -0400
All right everyone - I'll be the first to admit it I was wayyyyyy off on the
subject of air density/fuel mixture.  Major brain fade.

For the record, air density decreases when:

Air temperature increases
Altitude increases
humidity increases

       -or-

barometric pressure decreases.

RE Lead:  I was not aware of the effect of lead increasing octane.  I am a
little younger than many of the cars we drive, and definitely wasn't around
for "Ethyl" gas.  Thanks for the education.  I stand by the rest of my
comments on octane ratings and detonation, however.

Best Regards,

MGBChris@aol.com