The Prince of inadequate lighting has found me!

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: The Prince of inadequate lighting has found me!
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.MV.UNISYS.COM
Date: 14 JUN 96 10:32
Well, er, ah.... IT WAS PHIL! The Prince of inadequate light, ruler of all
heck, and father of statistics clouded my vision and moved my hand! It's the
only explanation of how that fuse got that way!
  As you all recall, MILOU would not shut down when the ignition switch
was shut off (I hear lightbulbs going on out there.).  I removed the ignition
switch, put my little Sears VOM across the terminals and measured open,
closed.  Works perfectly.  Reinstalled the switch. Connected the battery.
Fuel pump starts clicking.  Disconnected battery.  Measured continuity
across the switch. Closed circuit.  Hmmmm. Tightening the screws must be
changing the internal geometry.  Remove switch.  Tighten screws, works
perfectly.  Measure continuity across the wires leading into the switch.
Closed circuit. Hmmmm.  Input to the switch is the hot lead, and the
unswitched accessories.  Leading out is the switched accessories.  Checking
each shows a closed circuit between the switched and unswitched.  Hmmmmm.
Where else do they intersect?  THE FUSE BOX!!!  In the A, the fusebox
has large square brass blocks into which the wires connect, and clips which
hold the fuses to the blocks.  Some moron checked the fuses, and replaced
one BETWEEN the clips! Aaaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhh! The DCA strikes again!!
Putting the fuse between the clips shorted the circuits.
  It sure was nice driving MILOU today.
  It had been a long time since I'd stuck my head under the dash.  I'd
forgotten how (relatively) pleasant it is behind the dash of an MGA.
Uncluttered, open, spacious, and easy to see and work.  Try that in a M***a!
*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*