RE: Tach Help

To: tom.wagner@Central.Sun.COM (Tom Wagner - Program Manager)
Subject: RE: Tach Help
From: Ernest Gilbert <barrister@lawref.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 96 12:26:48 -0700
Tom -

Yes it is a straight wire from the loop on the tach to the coil with no other
connections. The reason you can't get a signal at the metal clip on the tach is
 the inductivly coupled signal to the metal clip is too small. The tach is a
current operated device. Resistance is very low and the voltage developed at
that metal clip is very low. The analyzer input is a high resistance device
which the low resistance of the tach effectively shorts out.

Ernest