Re: Convertible Top

To: "HUTCHINS, JOE" <JHUTCHIN@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Subject: Re: Convertible Top
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 13:32:30 -0700
I like the Mohair canvas I ordered mine thru Prestige  1-800-659-2649
and paid a mohair over $300 once I got done with shipping. I saw a
Caribou Canvas,  714-770-3136, top on a car at a show this past weekend
and it looked very nice and had the zip out window. I believe they run
about $200. My feeling on the rear window is that if it is nice enough
to zip it out it's nice enough to drop the top and I love driving
topless. Most tops come with instructions. It's always better to have a
top a little to loose than to tight. Another thing nice about Mohair
vs. vinyl is when driving the mohair doesn't slap the support rails
like vinyl does. But if you want to go with that originality mentality
then Robbins is better than Amco or Crown in the vinyl department. If
your car is one of those trailer queen Bs than by all means go with the
Robbins. What ever you decide good luck, David Deutsch