Re: Convertible Top

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Convertible Top
From: Glenn Schnittke <glenns@edge.ercnet.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 10:20:35 -0500 (CDT)
>Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 14:30:00 -0700 (PDT)
>From: "HUTCHINS, JOE" <JHUTCHIN@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
>Subject: Convertible Top
>

>Well, it's time to put a convertible top on my '73 B.  I would appreciate
>any input from the list as to what top, preferably in a medium price range,
>would be best for fit, ease of installation, durability, zippered rear
>window or not etc.  Thanks in advance for any information and tips on
>installation.
>
>Joe Hutchins
>'67BGT/'73B

I see by your address that you're in Miami. That's a VERY good reason for
having a zip-out rear window. I'm in Nashville TN and it can get so hot here
that it's more comfortable on those bright sunny days to ride around with
the top up and the rear window unzipped. Especially if the car is your daily
driver. Like when you're commuting and travelling at low speed and don't
have enough wind to cool things down. It's like driving under an umbrella. I
REALLY miss mine. On the way back from Ole Miss last week Jeanette & I got
about ten minutes out of Tupelo and voted or the top up for the rest of the
trip.

Glenn "Maybe those Miata People aren't so dumb after all" Schnittke
Schmaltzando = A glissando with grease. Preferably chicken.

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
glenns@edge.ercnet.com             72147.3635@compuserve.com

'74 MGB - fatally wounded
'69 MGB - prim little touring car