Temperature Guage

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Temperature Guage
From: "John M. Rogers" <rogersj@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 00:38:06 GMT
I posted the original message about "arcing" my temperature guage sensor
line.  I neglected to mention that it was on my '62 MGA 1600 MkII that I did
this dastardly deed so it is in fact a mechanical guage.  What caused the
arc was indeed laying the darned thing on top of the hot side of the starter
solenoid (which is sitting right below the path of the line), therefore
frying the brains out of the mystery liquid (I'm counting the guesses...
mercury, ammonia, alcohol, wax, etc.).  I heard one or two good mentions of
West Valley Instruments for the rebuild, any other good experiences that I
should consider?