Indy 96

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Indy 96
From: James Brucato <Gone4sure@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 03:35:18 GMT
Hello all fellow netters

       Since your reading this, it means you didn't get to go to INDY(unless
your like me, having my laptop), This being the first day here, I've met
Rick Ingham, John Twist, A bunch of fellow Mg'ers from all over the US and
Canada. This morning, not many cars here, 20-40 cars, the Mg's realy started
to roll in here at around 4-5 pm today(Wed). There are quite a few cars of
MG vintage of every flavor. They came on their own, with the help of others
on dollys and even came in covered trailers. Alot of people like me sporting
the MG limp for the first few hours here.
       My special incident today was driving my little daily driver
(1964-MGB) back by the show cars, the fuel pump died an embasrrasing death.
So with a strange smile on my face and many eger hands to help, we pushed my
"B" into a parking spot so I could install my spare pump. And having to be
nice to all who asked the normal question of if I knew for sure it was the
pump, there were many offers made by others of the use of their spare pumps.
This I thought was very nice.  I'm glad I had taken a my trunk load of spare
parts with me. Had to let my suitcase ride shotgun though.

Guess thats all for now
Conner Prarie in the Morn

Still not recovered from the ride
Jim Brucato