INDY 96

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: INDY 96
From: James Brucato <Gone4sure@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 1996 07:30:46 GMT
Hello All:

         Nice day today at the Armory! All the lbc's we're lined up
according to type, year , and special classes. They were all voted on and I
expect the results will be in tommorrow at the Speedway. Not sure if I will
have all the results to post, but I'm sure it will be in the next MGB Driver
and other mags according to class. Heard today that there are over 2000
registered at INDY 96, but I doubt if there are really that many cars here.
I also heard that every car that showed up here may get to drive on the
track. As I am #1203 I hope this may be so.
        As for me and my "B", Had a good day, No Break downs and no lbc
grease on my hands today! Hope this is good signs for my LONG RIDE BACK TO
NJ ! I even had the chance to help a fellow "B" owner from Ohio stranded on
the side of the road with what else but the dreaded fuel pump problems.
Sounds familar to me :)
I also got to see very good examples of some pull handle "B's". Now I know
what mine may look like someday down the road. Did I say Road? Yuc, just
thinking of the drive is getting me tired and sore already. I know, just a
little 750 miles isn't much, but for me it's like going around the world. I
doubt if I will ever make this kinda drive again, but who knows. This is
now. After it wears off I may change my mind.
        Ran into the guys from Long Island Center today, and Brits on the
HUDSON. Also MG Car Club of NJ Central.

Till tomorrow night

Jim Brucato
1964 "B" Getting ready for the ride home
1972 "B" sleeping in NJ, awaiting the return of borrowed parts
         does this mean this car made it here Too !!   :)

Oh, another really HOT DAY in INDY Today. How I miss NJ heat.