Kit car for MGB?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Kit car for MGB?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@isocan.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 01:01:37 -0400
Hi, I've already drawn hate mail for thinking about pulling
the roof off my MGB-GT, so I might as well alienate a few more by
talking about destroying a Roadster. (hee hee)

  What does anyone think of the various kit cars for the MGB
roadster?

  One in particular I am seeing an ad for is a "C-F Enterprises"
California Ace. Apparently, a 1961 AC Ace replica.

  It's only an ad, so it is all the manufacturers words. But
the kit lists for "$2495" and says "utilizes stock MGB Roadster".

  I am curious how this can work. The MGB is unitary body, but
a $2495 kit can't really include more than a body at that price.

  Is this actually a kit that is a body with structural strength? Most
of these type of kits go on VW's or Corvettes and are just for show.

  The information packet is only $5, which is probably worth it for
a lark, but I am curious how this could work. It's likely not as good
as it seems, but it would be an interesting project for a roadster
facing many body panel replacements.