Rich running then cut out

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rich running then cut out
From: Tim Moses <moses@csra.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 1996 17:05:10 -0400
Hi List...........HELP!!!
        (Second attempt to post to list.)

        Got out in the Augusta heat and tinkered with the MGB ('79).
Focused on the Alternator and that IGNITION light primarily and some minor
interior fixin-uppers.  Cranked her up and she ran good for about 2 minutes.
Then the exhaust got thicker and thicker as if she were running richer and
richer.  After 3 minutes it would not idle; I had to keep my foot on the
gas.  After 5 minutes it would not even come close to red-lining as it
seemed as if it was being held back.

        QUESTION:  Do I need to adjust the Zenith carb floats or the needle
thing with the allen-type key??

        OTHER FACTS:  New Air Filter; Carb recently rebuilt; hasn't been run
much in a while; newly shaved, leveled head; new gaskets;

        ANY THOUGHTS??????

TTFN !
Tim Moses, Esq.                       http://www.csra.net/moses
   U.S. Naval Academy `86      http://www.csra.net/moses/86.htm
Live from Augusta, Georgia     -     We're a Hole in One !