continuing saga

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: continuing saga
From: "Ernest E. Gilbert" <barrister@lawref.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 96 14:42:26 -0700
You may remember that to get my '67 BGT to quit burning oil through the PCV I
simply removed it and plugged the short rubber hose into the manifold with a
wine cork provided by Lucia.

Saturday we came out from shopping and when I hit the starter I heard a funny
noise I thought was a door closing on a nearby car. But the car would not start
and I was in danger of running out of smoke in the battery. So I looked under
the bonnet.

The funny noise was the sound of the wine cork hitting the inside of the
bonnet. Must have gotten inhale and exhale confused. Lucia held the cork in
place, it started readily, and we were off to home.

Sunday morning I got in the car and there, on the floorboard, Lucia had placed
a generous supply of spare corks. Her only complaint was that the price of wine
is going up if she has to buy the kind with corks.

Ernest
barrister@lawref.com