Midget Tick over problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Tick over problem
From: Eric Bartels <bartels@maths.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 12:05:22 +0100 (BST)

Hello out there !

I bought a 1972, 1275cc RHD Midget a couple of days ago and I really do
*LOVE* the car.
Driving around in it I noticed a funny tick over behaviour.
She starts promptly with litlle choke and ticks around 1200 then.
I can push the choke in very quickly which drops the tickover to around
900-1000.
But when the car becomes really warm (mid temperature) the tick over
rises again! It is usually around 1500rpm when I return to my garage.

Aany ideas what causes this funny behaviour ?

Thanks a lot,

Eric,

Oxford