Re: Body Primer

To: Andy Ramm <aramm@cris.com>
Subject: Re: Body Primer
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 09:11:02 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 2 Jul 1996, Andy Ramm wrote:

> Is this stuff available in a spray can, or do I have to have a professional
> do the priming?
>
> Andy

It is a two-part epoxy primer, especially good for use on bare metal. It
isn't available in a spray can; you would need spray equipment and a good
mask with activated charcoal filters.  I honestly think you will be very
severly hampered in doing body work if you cannot spray bulk material.
The conventional primer you buy in a spray can does not adhere to metal as
well as a good epoxy or etch primer; I can't recommend it for anything
except minor spot repairs.  Eastwood does offer an etch primer in a spray
can; I have not tried it.