RE: Aluminium bonnet & the rest

To: "MG NEWSGROUP" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Aluminium bonnet & the rest
From: "Vicky Groody" <merles_mum@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 96 11:01:19 UT

>   My 57 A has a bonnet(hood) of good grade steel as does my trunk lid.  >The
doors are of course as you say.  Did they change in 57?  I think >some B's
have the aluminum bonnet.
 >                                                             Gregg Baker

I introduced Steve and myself to you all a week or two ago as being Midget
owners, hoping to purchase an MGB .  Well we made it!  He (the MGB that is,
not my Steve) is to be called Busby and is Old English White, February 1964,
beautiful, lovely and gorgeous, but I'm not biased.   Steve is avoiding the
awful truth getting to Banana (the Midget), but she will find out soon enough
when a new family  is found for her (sad ).

Anyway, the point is this: he does have an aluminum bonnet and we are told
this is quite normal for the early models.

He does appear to have a little problem with his starting, and we thought that
the  mile run to get him home would charge the batteries (there are two as you
all probably know). Unfortunately, he still whirs at first then just clicks,
rather than start without a jump from another cars batteries.  Steve and I are
learning fast about engines, but would like pointers on ideas to look at.  the
previous owner does say that the battery is new, but he seems to know less
than us, if thats possible!!! and he didn't know if both were replaced.
By the way, he (the MGB and this one is male because why should Steve have all
the fun) was an American export/imported back to the UK in 1979.  he just
couldn't stay away.
Vicky.