Re: Fool pumps

To: dcouncil@cu.comp-unltd.com
Subject: Re: Fool pumps
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 01:09:32 -0400
In a message dated 96-07-05 21:35:00 EDT, David Councill wrote:

>Now I'm getting worried. I am still running the same SU pump that was on my
car when I bought it in 1983. And I'm sure it was old then. I replaced the
fuel sender unit then if that counts.

>How hard is it to rebuild the pump? With all this talk, I'm tempted to
disassemble and rebuild my pump before it dies.

Don't temp fate.  If you rebuild it, it will quit working next week.  Put the
rebuild kit in the boot with a few of the appropriate tools.  Murphy says if
you have all the right bits in your posession you will never need them.

Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA
Naperville, Illinois