Morgan's Garage?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Morgan's Garage?
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 1996 12:40:10 -0400
Here's a fun one I heard the other day, and would like to know if there is
any truth to any of this.

An LBCer friend of mine came across an old '30s Ford farm tractor, and upon
looking at the engine, he noticed it was incredibly similar to the B series
engine.  Hhhmmmm...
This started us wondering if the B series engine was somehow derived from
this design. It would be understandable, considering the engine's weight,
and it's low-end torque.

Then something else came up at a parts swap.  Some guy told the same buddy
that MG actually stood for Morgan's Garage.  I guess the story supposedly
goes that there was this guy, who owned a garage, and needed a car, but
couldn't afford to buy one.  So, he pooled some of the parts lying around
his shop and, viola, he had a car.  He and his acquaintances really liked
it, and when he was asked what he was going to name it...well, you get the idea.

Is there ANY truth to any of this?

Regards,

Jay

[       JASON DUTT       ]