Re: DREADED SMOG NOTICE

To: mgs@autox.team.net, pbailey@qnet.com
Subject: Re: DREADED SMOG NOTICE
From: kboetzer@auspex.com (Ken Boetzer)
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 12:47:24 -0700

> Well I got my DMV renewal notice today and there were the dreaded words"
> smog certificate required"This is the first time I've had to smog the
> car since buying it 2 years (almost ) ago. Does anyone have any advice
> other than leaving(and I would like to) California?How best to adjust
> the carb etc etc.I have until Sept 16 any help will be apprieciated
> Thanks Pat 79"B"

I've had cars smogged many times in CA, no problems. MG's, Triumphs, the
Jag's too old. :-) I strongly advise leaving CA! Particularly since you
like to whine. Please go elsewhere and whine! Try Montana.

Ken  67MGB, 68 Spitfire, other newer cleaner devices.

If you want ther best shot at passing smog take all your business to the
same person so you develope a realationship, and get that person to help
as much as they are legally allowed to. You would be surprised what the
technicians can do to help and still remain within both the spirit and
letter of the law. I have done all my fuel purchases and smog certs as well
as just getting to know the owner of the local Chevron Station. After 18
years of business I have very few problems with such matters. Of course
my attitude from day one established the tone of the interactions.