Re: MG Fergusons

To: BarneyMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: MG Fergusons
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 08:55:11 -0600 (MDT)
On Mon, 8 Jul 1996 BarneyMG@aol.com wrote:

> Incidentally, Ford Ferguson tractors are in plentiful supply, readily
> available, and cheap.  Being very small tractors they are generally obsolete
> For those in need of an MG 1500 short block this may be a decent deal, just
> pull the engine and toss the carcass.  The cylinder heads will unfortunately
> will be bearing very small intake valves, severely limiting power output,
> maybe suitable for a single carburetor sedan, Nash Metropolitan or such.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!  You're thinking in the wrong direction.  What would
be absolutely cool would be to buy the tractor and fix _it_ up: buy one
of the crossflow heads that guy was selling, supercharger, everything,
and enter it in shows!  I bet it would sound and look great.

Kevin Sullivan -- 1960 MGA                kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.                      http://www.khoral.com
Albuquerque NM USA