Re: MGB with A/C?????

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB with A/C?????
From: bobd@dynacomm.fse.com (Bob Dallas)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 07:31:07 -0500
I have a 69 GT with A/C. The controls(fan speed, temp) have the MG Octagon
emblem with manufacturers name as Coolaire of Maimi. This unit works OK--I
guess?
When it is really hot outside(Houston) which is about 8 months a year, the
motor starts to overheat in city traffic. Even on the highway it run above
normal temperature. The belt slips at low RPM and I have not figured out a
way to keep that from occurring.  Since our cars are not the most air-tight
there is a lot of loss of cool air and therefore the A/C has to work real hard.

It works great when outside temp is <80 degrees.