RE: Saab stories (not MG's for once).

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Saab stories (not MG's for once).
From: etaylor@nr.infi.net (Ed Taylor)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 22:15:49 -0400 (EDT)
>Don't knock the Tempo... it had it's good points.  For instance,
>I was able to stay in great physical shape because of my '79.  I was
>able to get a lot of exercise by walking untold distances to find
>help after mine broke down on side of road - most often in the
>Summertime in 95 degree heat.

(SNIP>

>Ed in Greensboro, NC
> This is most interesting since the first Tempo's were introduced in 1983
as '84 models. The Tempo was, along with the Escort, a car that people loved
or hated, no in between. If you understood that all you were getting for the
lowest price around was transportation, you were probably happy. If you
expected anything more, you weren't.
>Sort of like any other cheap car.
>with proper maintenance, the people I know who owned them found them
dependable as dirt, but YMMV. Certainly not a fun car though.
>ETW

Eric:

You can tell I flunked typing 101 - It was an '89, not a '79.
Basic transportation was what I thought I was buying... didn't realize
how basic it might become - shoe leather!!!

Regards,
Ed