Rebuilding clutch master cylander.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rebuilding clutch master cylander.
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 00:04:50 -0400
Hello all,

I'm still in process of reassembling my hydraulic system, and I've run into
a bit of a snafu.

I got a clutch master cylander rebuild kit from Victoria British, and
(surprise :P) there were more parts than needed, as usual.  What has me hung
up is the master seal (main seal, main ring, whatever...).  The original is
flat at the armature's end, and flanged at the other end.  It is one piece,
and sits over top of the little protruding ring there... (feeling a bit like
an idiot trying to describe this... <g>)  What I got from VB was two seals,
both flanged, both basically the same, except one was shorter, and with a
smaller center hole than the other.  The bigger one fit well between the
protruding ring and the cylander-side of the piston, flange toward the
cylander like the original.  However, this didn't cover the opposite side of
the protruding ring like the original did.  So, I figured this was a typical
VB rebuild kit, and they just separated the original seal into two pieces,
but the smaller seal doesn't seem to settle properly in the appropriate
place.  I tried to put the piston back in the cylander with this second ring
on, and it is WAY too tight.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?  Does this redundant post make any
sense??

Thanks to all in advance,

Jay

[       JASON DUTT       ]