LBC abuse

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC abuse
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 09:57:43 -0400 (EDT)
   Gang,

   Last night was a beautiful evening in Eastern PA- sunny and
   warm, with just a slight breeze.  Perfect LBC weather.

   The B is running great- most of the bugs are finally sorted
   out; mainly just minor cosmetic details to tend to.
   Anyway, I figure this would be the perfect opportunity to
   introduce my wife to the LBC experience (she is an LBC newbie).

   What follows is a somewhat exaggerated description of 'the experience'

   MG:    ticktickticktick....ticktick...tick....tic..

   Her:   Whats that noise??
   Me:    What noise?

   Her:   That ticking noise.  It just went away.
   Me:    Thats just the fuel pump; filling the float bowls...

   Her:   Float what??
   Me:    Never mind.  Its supposed to do that.

   MG:    WhrrrWrrr.. vrrmvr.burble.idle.burble.vvrvmm...
          vrrvvrrroommmmm 1->2; vvrrrrroooooommm; 2->3, vrrrroomm...

   Me:   (big grin) Nice night, Nice car, Nicer babe. Isnt this FUN??
   Her:  (w/hair thoroughly messed) IS IT SUPPOSED TO BE THIS NOISY?

   Me:   (fading grin) This is not *noise*.  This is open car touring.
   Her:   It sounds like a ShopVac.

   Me:    (NO grin) It does NOT sound like a damn shop vac!!
          This is the sound of a well tuned piece of British engineering!

   Her:   Whats that.. smell?  Does this thing have a top?  I'm cold.
   Me:    OK- Thats it.  Were going home!  You've abused my baby enough.

   Her:   BABY?  Who are you calling baby!?  Good thing these seats
          recline, you can sleep in the garage with your *baby*!

   I'll leave the rest of the experience to the readers imagination.

   Now, I love each of these creatures dearly, but they just dont
   seem to want to get along.  Oh well, at least she wont ask me
   to borrow the keys!

   -Scott 'the first time is always awkward' Hower

   Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
   Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
   7201 Hamilton Blvd Trexlertown, PA
   (610) 481-2646