Re: Used/Rebuilt MG Midget Tranny

To: JoePuck@aol.com
Subject: Re: Used/Rebuilt MG Midget Tranny
From: Agustin de la Calle <delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 10:25:19 -0400 (EDT)
Joe,

You can pay the big bucks for a "reconditioned" tranny, which means that
depending on where you buy it from you have to believe more or less that
it is indeed a rebuilt unit.
Or you can buy a used one that has been working earlier.

I am thinking of selling mine that has been working before I pulled it
from my 1275cc Midget {if we will move I don't want to haul it to the new
place}. I took it out, because I had a problem with the sliding drive
shaft joint that wasn't sliding anymore and got stuck.  Since I had a
replacement tranny, I left the yoke part on the tranny and didn't bother
to take it off.

In any case: a rebuild isn't all that hard. If you want I can send you
some info on that.

Cheers,
        Gus