MGA radiators

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA radiators
From: Ed McCarroll <EMCCARROLL@magnum.mco.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 11:22:11 -0400 (EDT)
        Recent mail on the list discussed the re-coring of MGA radiators
        where the cores were replaced with a four row set up.   Having
        just come back from a visit to my radiator shop I was told that
        because of the size of the tank on the original radiator I could
        only fit a three row core.   What do I have to do to get a four
        row core installed?   Are there any modifications to be made to the old
        radiator?   Would a three row make a significant difference?
        Any opinions?   Is $150 excessive or would I be better off forgetting
        the radiator changes and install an oil cooler for less, provided
        this alternative provided the cooling effects sought?