Re: Floors

To: Andy Ramm <aramm@cris.com>
Subject: Re: Floors
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 17:59:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, Andy Ramm wrote:

> Does anyone know the right floors to use for my car.  I just got a
> Moss-ordered RH side floor from O'Connor classics and the seat mounting
> holes/nuts and harness/fuel line/brake line retaining bolts were absent.  My

  You will need to weld nuts to the floor to secure the seats. (but you
  can get away with bolts-thru-the-floor to hold the fuel/brake/evap
  lines though.)  Unless you can weld well (ie. upsidedown), proceed as
  follows:

  First temporarily fit the floor pan into the car.  Then (with the
  pan still temporarily attatched to the car ) align the seat on the
  pan and mark the holes for the seats.  The marks should be somewhere
  close to the center of the 4 square mounting boss' (bosses?).

  Remove the pan, and double check your measurements with the distance
  between the seat rail holes.  Then drill the floorpan and bolt the
  seats to the pan.

  Make SURE that the seats will slide freely for the entire length of
  the rails.  Egg the holes slightly and re-align until the seat slides
  freely.  When everything lines up, scribe the nut positions and unbolt
  the seat.  Flip the pan over, reassemble the bolt/nut and weld those
  suckers on.

  Do *NOT* weld the nut ONTO the bolt; you will have a real mess then.

  To the best of my knowledge, no one sells pans with captive nuts
  welded on.  It's not too bad to do, just a bit tedious; take your
  time though, there is *nothing* worse than driving crooked in an LBC.

  Good luck...
  --Scott

   Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
   Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.