Re: DCOE Carbs

To: mroach@sockets.net
Subject: Re: DCOE Carbs
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 20:39:25 -0400 (EDT)

>  - Will I need to do any other mods to get decent performance out of
>    this carb?

  I just put a Weber 32/36 DGV on my Spitfire 1500 (I know, I know, the T
word) without any other modifications, and it works just great.  I'm quite
happy with it.  Acceleration is quite noticably better, the noise is
fantastic, and I just took it out on the highway to open it up.  Got the
little darling up to 95 mph.  It wasn't even able to do 80 with the ZS, now
it feels great at 80 (except no overdrive, so it's running 4000+ rpms to get
up that fast)
  I'd also guess that a DGV probably would fit under the Midget's hood,
since the intake manifold I got my hands on had come off a Midget.  Of
course, that car could have had a non-stock hood.

  BTW, as to your original problem of not getting the ZS to idle at less
than 2000, have you checked to see if you've got butterfly valves on your
throttle plates?  Betcha the problem is the springs on those valves are worn
out.

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation