Re: DCOE replacement?

To: "MG Autos" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: DCOE replacement?
From: John Knight <taoistjd@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 96 10:34:50 -0400
j. michael wrote:
>I have had the same problem and am wondering if the Weber is compatible
>with the
>emissions control system for California, or does putting it on there mean
>having
>to disable the system?

Most DCOE kits come with a new intake manifold.  These are usually of the
two separate run variety.  Some of these have no vacuum fittings/ports
while others have only one.  This will change the amount of vacuum that
you have; possible making it insufficient, (depending on configuration),
to open the PCV correctly.  It will take some work to get the emissions
working properly.

SIMILAR TOPIC:  DCOEs are a very nice and flexible carb for different
configurations/ engine modifications--sometimes too flexible.  Does
anyone have the complete configuration for a DCOE that you feel gives
good performance?  I have a 73B with a new rebuild and have installed a
45DCOE.  I had changed from the original config with air horns to one
recommended in the Webber manual without horns to use a filter.  The
result was a very high idle.  I have yet to drive it as I'm still
finishing the body work during restoration.  Any good configurations out
there?

John Knight

'73 MGB (undergoing restoration)
"If uniqueness makes us who we are... why be like everyone else?"