re:When to dip your dipstick?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re:When to dip your dipstick?
From: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 15:00:28 -1000
When on the road or on a trip I check the oil level after I finish filling
the gas tank, assuming self service is allowed.  If self service is not
allowed I check the oil level after I visit the men's room.

When at home I check the oil level after the engine has cooled enough so
that I don't have to worry about getting burned on anything while snaking
my arm down to the dipstick.

I check the level once the oil has had time to drain back into the sump.

This reminds me of the story where the dad told his young son to go fill
the engine with oil.  Being the obedient son, the oil was filled to the brim.

No, it wasn't me, honest.