Re: [MG] coasting Midget at idle

To: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>,
Subject: Re: [MG] coasting Midget at idle
From: bleckstein@monmouth.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 19:59:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 Jul 1996, "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM"
>I have a 1978 MG Midget 1500.  Is it acceptable to coast while the engine
>is idling (idleing?) while going down a mountain pass?
>
>Mike (glutten for punishment) Jaquet
>
>Back in the Jurassic age when I was sixteen, I took my driving test in Arizona
to beat the 17 year old requirement of N.J. ( I was there on vacation) I
remember the written test varied from N.J. on one theme. N.J. had no questions
on mountain driving. (I wonder why) The Arizona test asked in three different
ways ; was it correct to drive down a mountain with a disengaged engine? A yes
was an automatic failure. Sir Isaac can explain the reason. Don't do it.

Mike  ( in the N.J. Alps )Leckstein