more gas

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: more gas
From: George G Curl <gcurl@tenet.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 19:33:31 -0500 (CDT)
I don't think you better take anything for granted where the EPA is
concerned.  We've got refornulated gas here in teh DFW area and it is
rough. Not only do we not see any benifit from it, it cost more,
sometimes makes people sick (see 60 minutes last fall), but does damage
to engines.  I know for a fact that someting ate up my carb needles after
three tanks.  It also has messed up the only Jap engine I have ( my
lawnmower).  My part time job, as a restorer, is attached to a BMW
motorcycle dealer.  I've seen several tanks ruined by the stuff.
Use an additive or not, but try to stay away from teh EPA's answer to
dirty air.
George Curl
64 MGB  56190SL