Re: more gas

To: mgs@autox.team.net, jeffman@microsoft.com
Subject: Re: more gas
From: kboetzer@auspex.com (Ken Boetzer)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 17:39:56 -0700

> Hi -
>
> The recent discussion on the value of lead-containing additives was most
> interesting to me as owner of a '67B. I am very curious as to the
> feelings of the group concerning the addition of certain compounds,
> usually some sort of cleansing agent, such as Techron in Chevron gas, to
> all their gas sold at the pump, as well as gas from Texaco and others.
> Are these additives potentially harmful to the engines or other systems
> in our cars?
>
> Most companies list the added agents right on the pump. Can we safely
> assume that unless there is a notice, there are no additives?

There`s lots of weird stuff in gasoline. It depends on what you mean by
an additive. I never could find out what Techron is anyway. :0

> thanks,
>
> >jeff

FWIW, I use nothing but Chevron (except in a pinch) from the pump no additions.
I have not been disapointed in milage or engine life. No pinging (maybe I don't
have the timeing set up far enough.:-).) occasional run on. I got 300,000 out
of my Audi on Chevron and in excess of 100,000 on chrysler units. No failures
attributed to fuels. Shell on the other hand I vigorously avoid.

Usual disclaimers. No finacial interest Blah, Blah. Just the usual useless
opinion.

Cheers,

Ken