Re: tires again

To: The Warped Goat <dedwards@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tires again
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 02:23:04 +0600
The Warped Goat wrote:
>Since I have been unable to find the right size tires for my 68 MGB I have
>decided to go with the modern 185(70)14 tires.

Don't try it if your wire wheel rims are less than 5-inches wide.  185 tires
are too wide for 4.5Jx14 wheels.  165SR-14 are not readily available
off-the-shelf, but can be obtained from places like British Wire Wheel.

>First question: do I need inner
>-tubes with these tires?

With wire wheels, yes.

>-    Also, how do I distinguish between a tire store/workshop that will damage
>wire wheels and one that won't?

Mostly depends on the guy who's going to be doing the job.  Ask for
references from somebody else with wire wheels.  Be ready to listen to a
few bars of the four-letter aria.  :)
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu