tires again

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: tires again
From: The Warped Goat <dedwards@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 01:18:48 -0400 (EDT)
I have a couple of questions about tires, to go along with others' thoughts.
Since I have been unable to find the right size tires for my 68 MGB I have
decided to go with the modern 185(70)14 tires.  First question: do I need inner
-tubes with these tires? Is the necessity of inner tubes dependent on the old
wire wheels or the old tires?  With modern tires maybe tubes are redundant?
-    Also, how do I distinguish between a tire store/workshop that will damage
wire wheels and one that won't?  Is there a specific type of installation
machine I should look for, or do I need to find someone who will do it totally
by hand?  I have heard many horror stories about wire wheels being mangled.
Thanks.

Benj.

benj@proxima.cc.colorado.edu                 1968 MGB MkII
b_edwards@rikki.cc.colorado.edu              1992 Trek 2300 Dura-Ace STI