Re: head is off...now what?

To: pharris@eos.vf.mmc.com
Subject: Re: head is off...now what?
From: Tim Moses <moses@csra.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 11:12:13 -0400
At 08:48 AM 7/26/96 EDT, you wrote:
>what else should I inspect whilst the head is off?

        Take it to a machine shop and have them check the level of the head.
I had mine re-leveled for ~ $30.00.  I asked the same question as you a few
months ago and received the same advice that I am now giving you.

        Also, replace the exhaust header gasket.  You can get an entire
gasket set for the engine from British Parts by emailing  Dick Burger at
<BRITISHPARTS@delphi.com>.  I did and it was CHEAPER than if I got it from
Moss.  Dick is a reseller and gets parts at a discount which he passes on to
his customers.  He actually ordered the Gasket set from Moss for me and it
was cheaper to go through him than directly to Moss.  I have now decided to
order all my parts from Dick.

        Good Luck.

TTFN !
Tim Moses, Esq.                       http://www.csra.net/moses
   U.S. Naval Academy `86      http://www.csra.net/moses/86.htm
Live from Augusta, Georgia     -     We're a Hole in One !