Re: Armstrong Shocks & Apple Hydraulics: failure #2

To: BarneyMG@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Armstrong Shocks & Apple Hydraulics: failure #2
From: John Wroclawski <jtw@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 05:05:23 -0400
At 4:53 AM -0400 7/29/96, BarneyMG@aol.com wrote:
>A month ago I wrote that two front shocks for my MGA rebuilt by Apple
>Hydraulics had quickly developed serious leaks, and that Apple promptly sent
>another pair at no charge exchange, and after 500 miles they were doing OK.
>I have so far seen no one else report any such problems with Apple rebuilts.
>
>Am I in some strange oddball universe of my own, or has someone else
>encounterd some similar problem?

Hi,

Actually, most of the folks I've run into who tried rebuilt lever shocks
have reported short life. This comment isn't at all directed at Apple
Hydraulics; I think it's a more general situation. At least for TR rear
shocks, my experience has been that the lifetime and performance of new
ones seems to greatly outweigh the (smallish) added cost...

John Wroclawski
jtw@lcs.mit.edu