Alternator

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator
From: fisherk@gas.uug.arizona.edu
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 11:04:14 +0000
Hey all!
    Well  after 5 long years of sitting in a garage I rebuilt the carb
    ,put new spark plugs in and flushed the fuel system. Turned the
    key and he started! (with a new battery) My 78 MGB actually
    started! I only ran him for a bit cuz the water pump was screaming
    like a banshee! Also it looks like I need a new alternator, clutch
    hydraulics and fuel pump! :(  But the important part is he runs!
    O.K. now for the question... is there an alternator from another
    vehicle that will fit? The one for the B costs $110 to $150 but I
    always thought an alternator is an alternator and it bolts in and
    lines up.......
It looks just like the one in my old Ford escort ($50) . Anyway just a
thought....

Keith Fisher
University of Arizona
fisherk@gas.uug.arizona.edu